E1/E2 Investor Visa

Foreign nationals who want to invest in America may qualify for an investor visa, known as an E-1 or E-2. To be awarded an investor visa, an applicant must be a citizen of a country with which the United States has treaties of navigation and commerce. A list of currently treaty countries is available at the United States Department of State’s website, or you can call our office for information specific to your country.

Foreign Nationals

Foreign nationals interested in applying for an investor visa may do so from outside the U.S. or, if they are already in the country, by requesting an adjustment to their immigration status. To qualify, a foreign investor must already have invested or be currently investing substantial capital in a legitimate U.S. based enterprise. The sole purpose of the applicant must be to manage and grow the investment enterprise.

Navigating the investor visa process can be a minefield of confusing questions and complicated paperwork. There are specific procedures that must be followed in order to facilitate the visa process. For example, an investor applicant must show that the endeavor will at least generate enough revenue to support the applicant and his or her family in five years or less.

California and Nevada Immigration Lawyer

Our law group is available to provide sound legal advice and counsel on the investor visa application process. Our legal staff will prepare the documented evidence required by the process, which will verify that:

  • The applicant is a qualified citizen of a country with which the U.S. has a treaty
  • The amount of capital is substantial
  • That the enterprise will be profitable and sustainable within five years
  • That the enterprise is legitimate

Our legal team knows immigration policy inside and out and can be of invaluable assistance to clients interested in applying for an E-1/E-2 visa.

No Obligation Initial Investor Visa Consultation Offered by Attorneys in our Los Angeles and Las Vegas Offices

MC Law Group’s immigration visa attorneys in California and Nevada welcome calls or e-mails from investors abroad or those already in the U.S.

The professionals of MC Law Group can offer legal counsel and advice in English, Armenian, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish and Tagalog.